Dienstag, 20. Juni 2017

Gastreview, Trailer "Guardians of the galaxy 2" von Dragonrage

Man! Hollywood really wants to teach us about "important" family values this year!! First there was FATE OF THE FURIOUS that teached us that you don't betray your family even when you (apparently) do! And now there's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 that is teaching us that your family isn't necessary your "family" even if your blood related! Or something like that...
Anyway, here we go again! I said it before, and I will say it again...and I will probably say it again in the future, while doing another Marvel movie review...but Im really not the biggest fan of whole Marvel's cinematic universe! Im really not. Because IMO, their movies become just too much formulaic and stereotypical. Im not saying that their movies aren't fun or entertaining, and occasionally you can see the trace of creativity in them...but no...they don't blow my mind, and with exception of the first IRON MAN, ANT-MAN, CAPTAIN AMERICA 2 & 3, and maybe IRON MAN 3, everything else was just OK in my book, if not bad. Including the first GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY.
Yes, you read that right...I didn't liked the first GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY as much as 99% of other people! I liked some parts of it, and movie had couple of fun moments, but as the whole, I was disappointed with that movie. Hell, I was even pissed about it! The thing is, I had high expectations, and I expected something different, something in the vein of 80's adventure movies, movies like INDIANA JONES and STAR WARS...but instead, I got just another typical Marvel movie that was shamelessly recycling other Marvel movies. At least I saw it that way the first time I watched it. I had more fun with GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY second time around, but I still wasn't much impressed. Therefore, I really wasn't expecting much from VOL. 2, Plus, the trailers for GUARDIANS 2 didn't really looked that good IMO...
But you know what...surprisingly, I actually liked...hell, even loved GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2! Not only that, IMO, it was way better then the first one! Or at least I liked it way better then the first one. Either way, this was fun, entertaining, and really emotional ride that made me laugh and "cry" at the same time...
For some reason, humor didn't really worked for me in the first movie, but this time around, I was laughing almost entire time. Sure, Drax's jokes felt kind of forced, same as his moments of laugh, but still, I laughed and I was entertained.
Story was interesting, effects were good (especially "stop motion effect"), action was OK, very spectacular and fun, and as expected, Kurt Russell was bad ass. I also liked the emotional aspect of VOL. 2. The relationship between the characters were on another level here, and everything worked like a charm. Peter and Gomora, Gomora and here sister Nebula. Drax and Mantis, Rocket and basically everybody, and in the end, Peter and Youndu! Man...when Youndu told him "He may have been your father, Quill, but he wasn't your daddy"...damn, I had tears in my eyes! James Gunn really hit all the right buttons this time.
And speaking of all the right buttons...I loved how almost every character in this movie got his moment to shine, and had some extremely cool or funny moments. Like when Rocket was messing around with Scavengers in the woods, or like when Youndu was escaping from prison. Or that funny intro sequence with baby Groot dancing and having fun while other Guardians are fighting a big monster. Anyway...I could go like this for...well, couple of more minutes, but the point is, VOL. 2 worked as a charm in my book.

Anyway, the only thing that was IMO better in the first movie, was soundtrack. Sure, there was couple of nice songs here, but I dunno...soundtrack of first Guardians was somehow better. But besides that, like I said, I really liked VOL. 2! Hell, this and that fun trailer for THOR 3 almost restore my faith in Marvel...almost...

Keine Kommentare: